The SGI PH Vl Europe Index aims to get an exposure to undervalued stocks embedded in the STOXX Europe 600 Index and uses a hedging mechanism to provide a market neutral exposure
The Value scoring is based upon (relative to sector) :
• The Book to Price ratio (PB)
• The Earnings to Price ratio (PE)
• The One Year Forward Earnings to Price ratio (FY1 PE)
• The EBITDA to Enterprise Value ratio (EVEBITDA)*
• The Free Cash Flow to Price ratio (PFCF)*
*Not calculated for financials
The hedging mechanism identifies and ranks the main sources of directional risk of the Equity market.
• The hedging mechanism provides a statistical technique that dynamically identifies the most relevant sources of risk and rank them in decreasing order of importance
• It provides independent sources of risk (hedging one risk away does not change the portfolio’s exposure to the other risks)
The SGI PH Vl Europe Index (the “Index”) was launched on February 26th, 2016. Therefore, all data for the Index prior to February 26th, 2016 represent an application by Solactive A.G. of the index methodology in order to reconstruct hypothetical historical data. Results during these periods may have been different (perhaps considerably) had the Index actually been in existence. The SGI PH Vl Europe Index (the “Index”) is the exclusive property of Societe Generale. Societe Generale has signed a contract with Solactive AG wherein Solactive AG undertakes to calculate and maintain the Index. The Index is not sponsored, promoted, sold or supported in any other manner by Solactive AG nor does Solactive AG offer any express or implicit guarantee or assurance either with regard to the results of using the Index and/or Index trade mark or the Index Level at any time or in any other respect.