There are several information displayed on sgindex.com about SGI indices, such as the description, the mechanism and the performances of our indices.
Thanks to the search parameters offered by the sgindex.com website, you can filter the indices by asset class, category or region.
To find an index on the sgindex.com website, you can either enter the name of the index, its ticker or a theme word related to the index in the search bar.
To recover your password, simply go to the login section and click on “Forgot your password?” An email will be sent to your email address with a new temporary password.
For more detailed information about an index, please contact your Societe Generale contact person.
To add an index to your favorites, simply click on the star icon to add this product to your favorites.
The SG Index range of indices covers a wide scope of assets, including equities, interest rates, credit, commodities, and foreign exchange, which are either structured as cross-asset allocations or single-asset strategies. SG Index allows your to:
- Access the full range of flagship indices in Equity,Foreign Exchange, Credit, Rates and Cross Assets.
- Use user-friendly interface that helps you to find the information that you need on a specific index (launch date, performance, documentation...).
- Access all struvtured indices aiming to provide an adequate trade-off between liquidity and performance.
You can find your favorite indices in the \"My Space\" section by clicking on the Account icon.
The SGI PH Qlty Europe Index aims to track an equity basket offering to their owners an exposure to high quality shares by taking long position on stocks embedded in STOXX Europe 600 Index and uses a hedging mechanism to provide a market neutral exposure
The Quality scoring is based upon :
1. The Piotroski score which consists of:
• Profitability factors: Return On Asset (ROA), Cash Flow from Operations divided by total assets (CFO), improving profitability and sales driving profit growth
• Leverage and liquidity factors: Decreasing leverage, increasing liquidity and no issue of equity
• Operating efficiency factors: Increase in operating margin and increasing turnover.
2. Merton’s Distance to default
3. Financials are excluded
The hedging mechanism identifies and ranks the main sources of directional risk of the Equity market.
• The hedging mechanism provides a statistical technique that dynamically identifies the most relevant sources of risk and rank them in decreasing order of importance
• It provides independent sources of risk (hedging one risk away does not change the portfolio’s exposure to the other risks)
The SGI PH Qlty Europe Index (the “Index”) was launched on February 25th, 2016. Therefore, all data for the Index prior to February 25th, 2016 represent an application by Solactive A.G. of the index methodology in order to reconstruct hypothetical historical data. Results during these periods may have been different (perhaps considerably) had the Index actually been in existence. The SGI PH Qlty Europe Index (the “Index”) is the exclusive property of Societe Generale. Societe Generale has signed a contract with Solactive AG wherein Solactive AG undertakes to calculate and maintain the Index. The Index is not sponsored, promoted, sold or supported in any other manner by Solactive AG nor does Solactive AG offer any express or implicit guarantee or assurance either with regard to the results of using the Index and/or Index trade mark or the Index Level at any time or in any other respect.