SG prepares a new methodology that smoothes the rebalancing of the following indices on 5 business days. Due to the low liquidity on Equity markets during the end of the year, SG is unable to perform the rebalancing initially planned on December 21, 2018.
The next rebalancing for these indices is scheduled for January 18, 2019. The involved indices are:
- World Water Total Return Index in EUR (WOWAX)
- World Water Price Index in EUR (WOWAXP)
- World Water Total Return Index in EUR Market Cap Adjusted (WOWAXC)
- World Water Price Index in EUR Market Cap Adjusted (WOWAXPC)
- World Water Total Return Index in USD (WOWAXD)
- World Water Price Index in USD (WOWAXPD)
- World Water Total Return Index in USD Market Cap Adjusted (WOWAXDC)
- World Water Price Index in USD Market Cap Adjusted (WOWAXPDC)
- World Alternative Energy Total Return Index in EUR (WAEX)
- World Alternative Energy Price Index in EUR (WAEXP)
- World Alternative Energy Total Return Index in EUR Market Cap Adjusted (WAEXC)
- World Alternative Energy Price Index in EUR Market Cap Adjusted (WAEXPC)
- World Alternative Energy Total Return Index in USD (WAEXTD)
- World Alternative Energy Price Index in USD (WAEXPD)
- World Alternative Energy Total Return Index in USD Market Cap Adjusted (WAEXDC)
- World Alternative Energy Price Index in USD Market Cap Adjusted (WAEXPDC)
On 5 December 2018 (national day of mourning for former President George H.W. Bush), a deterioration of the liquidity of the Credit Default Swap market impaired the ability of the market participants to effect transactions on the Credit Default Swap market.
This constitutes an Index Disruption Event pursuant to the Index Rules of the following indices:
Accordingly, no index level has been published for those indices for 5 December 2018.
On 6 June 2018, the European Money Markets Institute – EMMI announced the cessation of the 2 week, 2 month and 9 month EURIBOR tenors as of 3 December 2018.
Accordingly, in order to avoid referencing a EURIBOR rate that will no longer exist on or after 3 December 2018 whilst maintaining the economic characteristics of the Index, Société Générale as Index Sponsor will adjust the Index Rules of the following indices:
SGIFXSER, SGIXCCSE, SGIXBE3E, SGIXBE5E, SGIXBS1U, SGIXBS3E, SGIXBS3U, SGIXBS5E
SGI announces that it is switching its calculation agent for the following 5 Credit Indices from S&P Dow Jones to Markit: SGIXGCM, SGIXCAHM, SGIXCAIM, SGIXCEIM, SGIXCEXM.
It is also changing the FX source used for SGIXGCM, from ECB to WM/Reuters and the CDS Spread source for the 4 other indices, from:
The change is effective on December 13 th 2018.
As envisaged in the relevant index rules, the Objective Pricing Methodology has been amended on October 19th 2018 for technical enhancements’ purposes.
The amended version shall apply to the relevant indices referring to the Objective Pricing Methodology and will take effect as of and including October 19th 2018
Following the merger of Threadneedle Focus Investment – Credit Opportunities Fund (BBG ticker: THCOINA LN Equity) with Threadneedle Lux – Credit Opportunites Class 8GH GBP (BBG ticker: TCO8GHG LX Equity) on October 20th, 2018, the composition of the Indices has been changed to reflect such Corporate Action.
The following amendment has been made on the Rise of Robots VT9 Index Rules:
- The section 1.4 of the index methodology have been changed to take into account the update of the SGI Global Methodology.
This is effective on June 21st 2018.
The following amendment has been made on the SGI Commodities Optimix B Series ER Rules:
- Modification of part 3.5.1 Generic Methodology: the commodity ticker for Copper has been corrected from LP to HG in the Dynamic Contract Strip Table page 13.
This is effective on June 15 th 2018.
The following amendment has been made on the SGI Tactical Neutral, SGI Market Timing and SGI Tactical Short Index Rules:
- The Indices are now based on a universe composed of the 50 largest companies in terms of free float market capitalization of the SPEU index (50 largest companies in terms of market capitalization previously).
This is effective on May 3rd 2018.
The following amendment has been made on the SGI Commodities Optimix B Series ER Index Rules:
- Modification of parts 1.1. Index Description and 1.3. Yearly Review to clarify the methodology of the index.
This is effective on May 2nd 2018.
The following amendment has been made on the Rise of Robots Index Rules:
- the Index Universe is now composed of stocks whose sector is “Robotics and Artificial Intelligence” according to SG Research. This sectoral classification is maintained and published by SG research.
This is effective on March 26 th 2018.
The index methodology states that each M&A deal for which the terms change should exit the SGI Merger Arbitrage Premia Index (Bloomberg ticker : SGIXQMA2 Index). However, Exactech remained in the index despite the deal terms modification in early December 2017 (price changed from 42$ to 49.25$). TPG Capital acquired Exactech the 15th February 2018 for 49.25$, and SGI won't consider a past exit of the deal for this specific transaction.
The SGIXCEIG, SGIXCEXO, SGIXCAHY and SGIXCAIG indices will be rounded to 3 decimal places from and including 15th January 2018, the historical value will also be reduced to 3 decimal place due to system limitations.
On December 29 th 2017, ISDA rates used as input data for the computation of the following indices were not published: SGIXBU4, SGIXBU5, SGIXBU6, SGIXBU7, SGIXBU10.
As foreseen in the index rules, SG has determined in good faith an estimate of such rate, using the average of the first bid and ask quotes available of the relevant swap rate available via the Bloomberg composite tickers.
The levels of the indices were republished for the period beginning on December 29 th 2017 and ending on January 9 th 2018.
The SGBVCADM and SGBVCDMT Indices have been restated for the period beginning on Feb 18, 2003 and ending on Oct 27, 2017
The following amendments have been made to the SG European Quality Income Index Rules:
1. The Index is now based on a stock-selection process generating a fixed number of 50 components (previously between 25 and 75 stocks).
2. The quarterly rebalancing is smoothed linearly over 5 days (previously 1 day).
They will be effective on October 9 th 2017 for the following indices:
· SGI European Quality Income Price Return in EUR Index
· SGI European Quality Income Price Return in USD Index
· SGI European Quality Income Net Total Return in EUR Index
· SGI European Quality Income Net Total Return in USD Index
The following amendments have been made to the Global Quality Income Index Rules
1.The quarterly rebalancing is smoothed linearly over 5 days (previously 1 day)
2.The Index is now based on a stock-selection process generating a number of components comprised between 75 and 125 stocks (previously between 25 and 75 stocks)
They are effective on June 30 th, 2017 for the following indices.
On February 9th 2017; SG notified the Index Calculation Agent of an error that had occurred in the calculation of the level of the following indices; <SGEPVBE>, <SGEPQBE>, <SGEPLBE>, <SGEPMBE>,<SGEPPBE>, <SGEPCBE>, <SGEPSBE>, <SGEPVQBE>, <SGEPVAE>, <SGEPQAE>, <SGEPLAE>, <SGEPMAE>, <SGEPPAE>, <SGEPCAE>, <SGEPSAE>, <SGEPVQAE>, <SGEPQCAE>, <SGEPVXBE>, <SGEPVXAE>, <SGEPQXAE>, <SGEPQXBE>, <SGEPQCBE>, <SGEPLRE>, <SGEPQRE>, <SGEPVRE>, <SGEPPRE>, <SGEPQ2RE>, <SGEPCRE>, <SGEQR>, <SGEQD>, published from January 06th 2017 until February 10th 2017.
The error was due to an incorrect rebalancing performed on January 6th 2017. Following the notification of the error; the levels of the indices have been restated the February 13th 2017. The levels of the indices are now available in Bloomberg and in the SGI website
On the 21st of July 2016, SGI, the Index Sponsor, advised that in order to ensure orderly rebalancing of the SGIXPA, SGIXPAE, SGIXPAP, SGIXPAPE Indices, it would be more operationally efficient to execute the quarterly rebalancing with a new universe defined as follows:
The Index Sponsor instructed the Index Calculation Agent to implement the change with effect from July 26th, 2016 rebalancing and determined that these modifications were necessary in order to smooth the rebalancing process.
SGI announces that due to a disruption of the EUREX exchange on the 22nd of February 2016 the following indices were affected : SGIXRX, SGIXOAT and SGIXIK.
The relevant indices will be valued using the first quote available of the relevant future after the disruption
SGI announces that the rules of the SGI WISE JAPAN (SGIXWJT) and the SGI WISE JAPAN BOTTOM (SGIXWJB) indices have been modified.From February 1 st, the indices will be computed using the closing price.
SGI announces that the rules of the index embedded in the SGI Global range got modified. A list of eligible markets regarding the universe selection of stocks was added to the Index Rules on October, 2015.
SGI announces that it has broken with the URAX Index Rules regarding a component stock (CuDeco) which has been suspended for several trading days. The number of shares remained stable whilst it was suspended although it should have theoretically been dropped out of the index components with a price set at 0.
SGI announces that the fee break-down between the index advisor and the index sub-advisor inside the IND1COVR and IND1CO25 Index has been amended as follows:
Since April 1st included, the fee entitled to the index advisor is changed from the range of 0.10% to 0.20% to the range of 0.05% to 0.20%.
It shall therefore be noted that this change only affects the break-down of such fee and not its total amount.
29 June 2015
Due to an incorrect implementation of the methodology rules by S&P Opco LLC, the calculation agent, the valuations of the Voba Pforzheim Premium Index (SGMDPHPI) have been recalculated since 5 November 2010.
The accurate index levels are now available on Bloomberg.
On June 11th, SGI announced that it will exclude AURIB DC from the SGI Global Agriculture Index. Indeed, with its recent announcement of a massive reduction of the share capital, AURIB DC applies to the exclusion rule stating: “The Index Sponsor will exclude from the list of Index Components stocks that registered a significant and ascertained or present a presumable reduction in liquidity or capitalization”.
SGI announces that the rebalancing date for the SGI Pan Africa Indices (<SGIXPA>, <SGIXPAE>, <SGIXPAP>, <SGIXPAPE>) initially scheduled for the 28th April 2015 will be postponed to the 29th April 2015.