There are several information displayed on sgindex.com about SGI indices, such as the description, the mechanism and the performances of our indices.
Thanks to the search parameters offered by the sgindex.com website, you can filter the indices by asset class, category or region.
To find an index on the sgindex.com website, you can either enter the name of the index, its ticker or a theme word related to the index in the search bar.
To recover your password, simply go to the login section and click on “Forgot your password?” An email will be sent to your email address with a new temporary password.
For more detailed information about an index, please contact your Societe Generale contact person.
To add an index to your favorites, simply click on the star icon to add this product to your favorites.
The SG Index range of indices covers a wide scope of assets, including equities, interest rates, credit, commodities, and foreign exchange, which are either structured as cross-asset allocations or single-asset strategies. SG Index allows your to:
- Access the full range of flagship indices in Equity,Foreign Exchange, Credit, Rates and Cross Assets.
- Use user-friendly interface that helps you to find the information that you need on a specific index (launch date, performance, documentation...).
- Access all struvtured indices aiming to provide an adequate trade-off between liquidity and performance.
You can find your favorite indices in the \"My Space\" section by clicking on the Account icon.
The SGI MOnetary policy Driven strategy USD (“MOD USD”) index is a systematic strategy on short term USD interest rates that seeks to exploit the non realisation of the 3M interest rate forwards by taking into account the momentum tendencies in the short term interest rate market. The strategy takes long or short positions on CME Eurodollar 3M futures Contracts. Risk is dynamically managed through a daily mechanism that aims to maintain volatility close to 3%.
The Federal Reserve (Fed) revises its target Fed Fund rates periodically. These moves create trends in short-term interest rates. Whenever the Fed is starting to hike or cut its target rate, it is generally maintaining the same trend over several months. The MOD USD strategy aims to make the most of this continuity. The index is based on 2 performance engines:
- The Roll-down premium: rolling long futures positions when rates are constant or decreasing generally generates a positive gain.
- The Trend Following strategy In order to capture the trends created on the short term interest rates markets, the strategy takes long or short positions on CME Eurodollar 3M futures contracts, depending on the direction of the Fed revisions of its target rate