There are several information displayed on sgindex.com about SGI indices, such as the description, the mechanism and the performances of our indices.
Thanks to the search parameters offered by the sgindex.com website, you can filter the indices by asset class, category or region.
To find an index on the sgindex.com website, you can either enter the name of the index, its ticker or a theme word related to the index in the search bar.
To recover your password, simply go to the login section and click on “Forgot your password?” An email will be sent to your email address with a new temporary password.
For more detailed information about an index, please contact your Societe Generale contact person.
To add an index to your favorites, simply click on the star icon to add this product to your favorites.
The SG Index range of indices covers a wide scope of assets, including equities, interest rates, credit, commodities, and foreign exchange, which are either structured as cross-asset allocations or single-asset strategies. SG Index allows your to:
- Access the full range of flagship indices in Equity,Foreign Exchange, Credit, Rates and Cross Assets.
- Use user-friendly interface that helps you to find the information that you need on a specific index (launch date, performance, documentation...).
- Access all struvtured indices aiming to provide an adequate trade-off between liquidity and performance.
You can find your favorite indices in the \"My Space\" section by clicking on the Account icon.
The SGI Future Interest Rate Momentum GULF STREAM ( “FIRM GULF STREAM” ) is an equally-weighted composite of the SGI FIRM EUR 2 and SGI FIRM USD. It aims to benefit from the trends created on the short term interest rates by the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Federal Reserve (Fed) monetary policies. The index takes long or short positions in NYSE Liffe 3M Euribor Futures Contracts (for the SGI FIRM EUR 2) and CME Eurodollar 3M Futures contracts (for the SGI FIRM USD), depending on market conditions. Risk is dynamically managed for each component of this basket through a daily mechanism that aims to maintain volatility at around 3%.
The ECB and the Fed revise their refinancing rates periodically. These repeated moves create trends in short-term interest rates. The FIRM EUR 2 and FIRM USD strategies aim to make the most of these trends. Both the SGI FIRM EUR 2 and the SGI FIRM USD are based on 2 strategies:
- In order to capture these trends and generate performance, each sub-index takes long or short positions in NYSE Liffe 3M Euribor Futures Contracts (for the SGI FIRM EUR 2) or CME Eurodollar 3M Futures contracts (for the SGI FIRM USD), depending on market context.
- The Roll-down strategy: rolling long futures positions when rates are constant or decreasing generates a gain
Gulf Stream is the equally-weighted basket of SGI FIRM EUR 2 and SGI FIRM USD. Being exposed to both short term interest rates markets implies diversification.