There are several information displayed on sgindex.com about SGI indices, such as the description, the mechanism and the performances of our indices.
Thanks to the search parameters offered by the sgindex.com website, you can filter the indices by asset class, category or region.
To find an index on the sgindex.com website, you can either enter the name of the index, its ticker or a theme word related to the index in the search bar.
To recover your password, simply go to the login section and click on “Forgot your password?” An email will be sent to your email address with a new temporary password.
For more detailed information about an index, please contact your Societe Generale contact person.
To add an index to your favorites, simply click on the star icon to add this product to your favorites.
The SG Index range of indices covers a wide scope of assets, including equities, interest rates, credit, commodities, and foreign exchange, which are either structured as cross-asset allocations or single-asset strategies. SG Index allows your to:
- Access the full range of flagship indices in Equity,Foreign Exchange, Credit, Rates and Cross Assets.
- Use user-friendly interface that helps you to find the information that you need on a specific index (launch date, performance, documentation...).
- Access all struvtured indices aiming to provide an adequate trade-off between liquidity and performance.
You can find your favorite indices in the \"My Space\" section by clicking on the Account icon.
The SGI Europe Investment Grade Index (the Index) aims to replicate the performance of a portfolio of investment grade bonds through a 100% weighting in the SGI Bond 5Y EUR Index and a 125% weighting in the SGI Credit EUR IG 125 ER Index with a 10% volatility cap. This exposure allows investors to access the US bond market with potentially increased liquidity and potentially lowered replication costs, while also allowing for exposure and sensitivity to interest rates and investment-grade corporate credit.
The Index takes a 100% weighted long position in the SGI Bond 5Y EUR Index* and a 125% weighted long position in the SGI Credit Europe IG 125 ER Index* *, maintaining a constant 5-Year maturity. Additionally, the Index utilizes a “Volatility Cap Mechanism” that will determine the exposure of the Index by capping maximum volatility at 10%.
* The SGI Bond EUR 5Y Index attempts to replicate the performance of hypothetical 5Y bonds issued by a U.S. issuer and that pay semi-annual coupons and principal at maturity. The bond exposure is synthetic and implemented through (1) a deposit in USD and (2) a monthly rolling process of US 5-Year swap rates to maintain a constant 5-Year maturity.
* * The SGI Credit Europe IG 125 ER Index isolates the returns of a long credit position in the CDX NA IG (125 names) 5-year Index. By selling protection, the Index will receive a premium based on the average credit risk of a diversified portfolio of 125 names and replicate the default risk of these names.
The SGI Europe Investment Grade Index (The “Index”) is the property of SG, which has contracted with S&P Opco, LLC (a subsidiary of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC) (“S&P Dow Jones Indices”) to maintain and calculate the Index. S&P® is a registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“SPFS”); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (“Dow Jones”) and these trademarks have been licensed to S&P Dow Jones Indices. “Calculated by S&P Dow Jones Indices Custom” and its related stylized mark(s) are service marks of S&P Dow Jones Indices and have been sublicensed for certain purposes by SG. Neither S&P Dow Jones Indices, SPFS, Dow Jones nor any of their affiliates shall be liable for any errors or omissions in calculating the Index.